If you’re struggling to connect your Kindle to a WiFi connection, then this is the guide for you. Connecting your Kindle to a WiFi connection is quick and easy if you know how….hopefully the quick tips below will help you connect without any hassles.
In order to be able to search and shop for books, newspapers and other Kindle content, the Kindle needs to connected to either a 3G connection or a Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure that you have access to a WiFi network
- Ensure your router is working correctly and that you have an actual internet connection
Now that we’ve checked the basics, we go ahead and connect your Kindle to your WiFi network.
Connecting Your Kindle
1. Connecting To Wifi
- Press the Home button, then press the Menu button.
- Use the 5-way controller to select “Settings.”
- Select “View” next to “Wi-Fi Settings” to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range.
- Choose “connect” next to the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect. Depending on your WiFi settings, you will now be prompted to enter the Wi-Fi network password.
2. Getting Your WiFi Password
Your Wi-Fi network password is the one used to set up your Wi-Fi network, not your Amazon account password.
- If you do not know your WiFi password, you can get it by accessing your router settings page
- Alternatively, look on the back of the router and you should find a string of letters and numbers labelled WAP or WEP key. Enter this as the password.
Congratulations – you should now successfuly connect to your Wi Fi network!
Troubleshooting WiFi connection issues
If you are having any issues with connecting that aren’t covered in this section, please let us know in the comments below and we will try and assist…
MAC address filtering
If you’re WiFi network employs MAC filtering – basically an additional level of security that only allows “trusted” devices to connect to your network – you will have to go into your router configuration and manually enter the MAC address of the Kindle into the accepted list before connecting to the network.
To find your Kindle’s MAC address:
- From the Home screen, press Menu.
- Select Settings.
- The Wi-Fi MAC Address is located toward the bottom of the screen in the Device Info section.